Home Page Gauge Selection Category Selection Search Form
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF TRADE
1. Terms and Conditions below do not affect your statutory rights.
2. For Client Security : No contract exists with Holt Model Railways, or any of their subsidiary Companies, until goods are charged to your Credit Card . No such charges are made until goods are assembled and packed for despatch. No other communication should be considered an acceptance of your 'Offer to Treat'.
3. We reserve the right not to supply and to do so without providing an explanation (this is normally due to an incorrect site descriptions or prices).
4. All items are available while our & manufacturer's stocks last and may be withdrawn at any time without notice.
5. Prices are subject to change without notice. All prices include VAT at the UK Rate applicable at the time of despatch. Non EU clients are not charged the UK VAT Rate.
6. Postage is charged at the current rates for the UK & EU countries. Postage/Insurance to Non EU clients is charged at cost.
We hold large stocks of the products, for 2/5 days despatch, from all the main
Manufacturer's, ie: Hornby, Bachmann, Peco, Dapol, Gaugemaster, Ratio. Wills,
Metcalf, Romford, Parkside etc. Situations do arise when stocks have been
exhausted and manufacturer's have no further stocks until new production has
This particularly applies to products sourced from the Far East and are in
Normally, however, such despatches can be made with 7/25 days unless an item has 'NSM' against it, this indicates we are aware that the Manufacturer /Importer is awaiting further production.
Any item ordered, but not available for 2/3 day delivery will be held in our Outstanding Order System & despatched upon receipt of further supplies, unless we are instructed otherwise. This also applies to items scheduled for release by the Manufacturer later in each year - Orders for such models will be placed in our Advanced Order System and despatched upon receipt from the Manufacturer
8. Payment is accepted by MasterCard, Visa , Switch, Maestro & Electron credit/debit cards (We do NOT accept American/Express Cards). Payment is also accepted by Cheque (in Sterling, drawn on a UK Bank), Postal Order (in Sterling drawn on a UK Post Office), Bank Transfer and by International Money (both forms in Sterling).
9. Any refunds will be applied in Sterling to the credit/debit card used to make the original purchase except where purchase was made by cheque, postal order or international money order when a cheque will be issued in Sterling.
All items sold are not for use by children under 5 years of age. Some
Scale models are not recommended for children under 14 years of age and
attention must be paid to the Safety Instructions accompanying any product.
Particular attention must be paid to the safety instructions accompanying glue,
paints, special types of adhesive & modelling tools which cannot be supplied to
persons under 18 years of age.
11. All items which include a mains plug or connector will be supplied with a UK 3 pin plug - clients outside the UK are responsible for ensuring their local electricity supply and sockets are compatible with their purchase. The UK supply is 240v AC. We are unable to accept the return of items due to incompatible power supplies, plugs or if the model/unit has been modified or damaged, in any manner, for UK or overseas use.
Descriptions & Photographs
12. Descriptions are based upon those provided by the Manufacturer in some cases with additional information regarding a Model from our own historical records.
13. Pictures shown on our website are illustrative only - these are often provided by Manufacturer's and are of typical packaging quality, in some cases however they are digital photographs of actual models taken by Holt Model Railways on our layouts. Should you have any doubts as to what is included with a product please telephone us direct - Do NOT use E-Mail for this purpose. Pictures may show products in Ready to Run form or completed form if they are Kits and are often with a locomotive/coach/wagon/accessory not included with the item being ordered (eg : a particular locomotive is shown in a picture which may contain -for example - other buildings, track, accessories or other rolling stock - these are for realistic demonstration purposes only).
14. Manufacturer's reserve the right to modify a model during production and after their photographs have been taken, however an order for eg: A GWR loco in GWR Loco Green would not be despatched in Black nor would a BR(WR) (Ex GWR Type) in either BR(WR) Green or Black Loco be substituted. unless we are instructed to do so.
Broken or Damaged Items
15. If any of your purchases are damaged upon receipt, please contact us immediately (within 24 hours of receipt) and if you wish to return the item to us (please Note : your local authorised manufacturer's repair centre may be able to correct the problem and if minor will avoid the time & necessity of a postal return) please contact us to advise us of the details and also our Order No. Items costing less than £5.00 to post should be sent by Royal Mail 2nd Class Post, items costing more than £5.00 to post should be sent by Parcel Force again advising us of the date of despatch. Please obtain a Postal Receipt as your proof that the item has been returned (Essential for you to follow up with the Post Office if any loss/damage occurs in transit) and ensure that your packaging is sufficiently robust for Postal handling. We cannot be held responsible for items being lost or further damaged in the return transit.
16. We will refund the Postal Cost of returning an item to us, which you have advised us of in the manner as detailed in section 15 above, up to a maximum of £5.00. We will not repay the costs of Special, Recorded or Courier returns.
17. Orders may
be amended or cancelled at any time providing despatch has not been made.
Should you have any such requirements please TELEPHONE : 01792 232264 (044 792
232264) between 0930 - 1200 Monday - Thursday & Saturday quoting your Reference
No. Amendments are NOT ACCEPTED BY E:MAIL.
Returns - Other than Damaged Items
18. When an item has been received you have a right to a 14 day period from the date of receipt of that item to return without giving a reason . The item must be returned in the original manufacturer's packaging, undamaged (care should taken when opening manufacturer's new packaging to ensure no parts of the packaging or model/s are 'scuffed', bent, scratched or damaged/broken in any way) and are in a resaleable condition - this means that you should do no more than examine the item as you would in a shop prior to purchase. Unwanted items will normally be exchanged or refunded. Postage will normally be charged on exchanged items. We will refund any money due to you within 30 days of such a return. Returns after the 14 day period can only be made where the item is faulty and these will be returned, replaced or a Credit Note issued at our discretion.
You simply pay the cost of return of the item to us. We are unable to refund or replace items until they are received by ourselves - you are advised when returning items to obtain a Postal Receipt from the Post Office and also Insure the item.
Items covered by sections15,16 & 18 above must be correctly addressed to : Holt Model Railways, Holt House, Caswell Bay, Swansea. SA3 3BU and the parcel marked 'RET'.
19. After completion of the printing of your Order, from our On-Line System, all the data is deleted from our computer records. We do NOT store personal address, credit card details or any other personal information in computerised format. This is to ensure that any data you have provided us with , for the purpose of trade, cannot be accessed through computer systems.
For the purpose of processing your order information may be provided to our Bankers (this will include your card identification numbers, cardholders name security codes etc.). Should you have any concern regarding the privacy of data with us please contact us by telephone.
Home Page Company Background Company Location Map